The vanity is a world in itself!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Brown and Taupe Makeup

Happy Christmas Eve!!!!!!!!!!

So I have been a terrible blogger as of late! My little cousin has been in the hospital so I haven't been at my computer lately. I had a beautiul look that I wanted to share with ya'll for a great shimmery holiday look but I forgot to photograph it! This is my make-up post!

Okay, so one thing I hate about holiday looks is that they are usually combined with a red lip...I love a red lip but I also like being able to kiss my honey! He won't kiss me if I have any kind of colored lipstick on. I wanted to do a good taupe/brown eye for those people whose skin does not jive with traditional gold and warm brown Holiday makeup and I paired it up with a nude gloss!

Shadows, highlighter, blush, and gloss are all Smashbox from a palette my dad bought me for Christmas!
Foundation is TheBalm





This next picture is the best one I could get of the eyes! The weather has been so grey that everything is getting washed out on camera. The colors I used don't have names but here's the breakdown: on the lid: shimmery taupe mixed with a medium matte brown, In the Crease: Shimmery cool toned dark brown, Outer V: Matte Cool toned dark brown.
I used a black cream liner on the top lashes. For the bottom lashes I used MAC fix + on a clean liner brush and dipped it into the darkest color.



I really love this look! It's much bolder in person and I hope the blush shows up a little bit because its a wonderful cool toned pink, I've noticed that my camera is really whiting me out! I can not get good lighting for the life of me.
I'll do my post of the Smashbox palette sometime today because I've played around with it enough to give it a thorough review.

Merry Christmas! Thank you for reading and I hope you liked this cooler version of a cocoa look!

As always I do not work for any makeup company, I do not get paid for my reviews, and my dad bought this for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment