The vanity is a world in itself!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

XSPARKAGE INSPIRED NEW YEARS MAKEUP!

Hello!
So I recently watched xsparkage's video o a look she did using the Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette! I fell in love with the look but I do not own this palette! Being the clever and stubborn person I am I decided to recreate this look using my Smashbox wish palette from Nordstrom! This is a great look for New Years eve because it adds a little extra drama while still looking super classy! Watch the xsparkage video to see the steps to applying the makeup!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeUFBP-FrHg

My version shows up lighter on camera than in person, it's way darker around the edges! Here are a few pics and then i'll do the breakdown of what shades to use.



Yay New Years attire!






The breakdown:
Start out by applying a primer to the lids and then thin layer of NYX jumbo pencil in Milk. Using a crease brush apply a matte plummy brown in a medium shade to the crease, only blending upwards! For this look we don't want the shimmery and matte shades mixing! All of the shades below stay only on the lid.

Once this is blended take a flat brush and apply a shimmery champagne shade to the lid, stopping about 3/4 of the way in.

Using the same brush apply an antique gold shade the outer 1/4 of the lid.

Using the same brush apply a shimmery med-dark brown to the very corner of the lid. Blend the colors gently.

Using an angled brush apply a matte black shade to the outer 1/3 of the lid, thicker towards the outside and thinner as you go toward the pupil. I stopped a little farther than my pupil. Line the bottom of the lids in the same fashion.

Now you want to extend the black and bring it into the crease; You just need a tiny bit! blend with the plummy brown shade.

Apply highlight shades, I used TheBalm's overshadow in "work is overrated".

Clean up the edges with a qtip and apply your favorite mascara!



Sorry the black didn't show up as great on camera! It's much more dramatic in person.

Have a safe and happy New Years ya'll! I'm so grateful to have you in my life, thank you for reading and I hope you like this look!

As always I so not work or any makeup company, I am not getting paid for my reviews, and I bought this with my own moolah.

No comments:

Post a Comment