The vanity is a world in itself!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Tarte Soft and Smokey 5 pieces collection eyeshadow quad and brush review

I love you Tarte and Ulta...you make my day!
Here's the review of the quad and the brush! These colors are perfect for soft fall smokey eyes! My camera does not give these colors justice in swatches and pictures on my lids :( They are gorgeous and silky just like other Tarte shadows and they have excellent wear. These don't budge until you tell them to!
Those who might not like this: people wanting more vibrant makeup

Here are the colors: Top left: shimmering buff, Top Right: Shimmering Sable, Bottom Left: Shimmering cocoa, Bottom Right: Matte Coffee Bean


here's the terrible swatch:

eye look with Shimmering sable on the lid, Matte coffee bean in the crease, and shimmering cocoa in the outer V. Shimmering buff used as highlight.




I'm in love with this kit because the colors go so well together! And it's an effortlessly gorgeous look that goes with anything! I love Sable so much, it's a great taupe color.

THE BRUSH!
You know how I had that post about all of my brushes and I went crazy over my eye brushes....well...I have since replaced all of my eye brushes with this one! It's so freakin' perfect! Both sides are dense and high quality, they pick up product well and there is little fallout! They also dispense so much of the color on your lid that you don't even need to wipe it between colors. Amazing. The large side covers your entire lid and you literally just sweep on the color. The small end is great for applying shadows to the crease, the inner tearduct, under the brow, and you can even use it for your outer V. It's really really great and cuts my maekup routine down because i can blend so well with this tool.

Those who might not like this: brush snobs



Tarte is cruelty free, and made without: paraben, phalates, mineral oil, sodium lauryl sulfate, and synthetic fragrance.

I do not work for any makeup company, I am not getting paid for my reviews, and I bought this with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment