The vanity is a world in itself!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Tarte The Starlet Limited-Edition Makeup Vanity - purple look

Some photos of my daytime purple eye look from the Starlet:
eyes: Icon applied to lid and blended to the crease, major added to the outer v and the crease. Liner: Sephora smokey kohl liner.
Blush: starlet, rose highlighter on tops of cheek bones



um, lets just focus for a minute on how gorgeous this highlight is!

I loved wearing this look today for work! One thing about these shadows is that some of them say they they are shimmer finish but that's not really the case. Some of them are true shimmer shades but many are mre matte. Major is a beautiful matte finish with slight dimension, i do not consider this a shimmer shade! There are no noticeable shimmers so it looks appropriate for work. These are also very buildable which i love. I'm so excited, i've been wanting some matte purples for FOREVER because they look so chic! made my day!

one great thing about tarte is how well the shadows wear, the shadow above was applied at 6:20 in the morning and I did not touch it up. I did just go ahead and turn this eye look into a smokey eye, however! I had to add a little bit more major to deepen the look

eye: Icon on the lid (applied earlier in the day), major in the crease and outer v, Stardom added to the outer v and blended up into the crease slightly. added Opening night to the liner and smudged it out.




This look isn't too dramatic but I didn't want to cover up the beauiful Icon shade! I thoiught it was going to be a flop but its great! The tarte double ended brush was used to apply these shadows! It picks up and distributes the product so perfectly. Major is so buttery smooth and so is opening night! Opening night is INSANELY pigmented! I love it so much! This looks so much more dramatic in person, my camera really drowns out some of the look.

Here are the swatches of the bottom drawer as promised! I blended them out so you can get a feel of what they would look like on. I LOVE the highlight, best one i've ever used! The color is perfect for my medium skin and it's so buttery smooth that it's almost creamy. sorry highbeam, you had a good run but this you've been replaced.


Thank you for reading! if you have any suggestions for my next look let me know! I think tomorrow will be the pink shades with some winged liner!

As always I do not work for any makeup company, I am not getting paid to review, and I bought this product with my own money!

No comments:

Post a Comment