The vanity is a world in itself!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tarte The Starlet Limited-Edition Makeup Vanity

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYY GGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!
So i've been waiting all week for this to come! I'm so insanely happy it's here, yall don't even know. I opened this about an hour ago and i've already re-done my makeup, taken photos of the palette, and swatched it! I'm so insanely excited for this, it's so beautiful and such a great value!
There are only a few disappointing shades in this in my opinion. Some reviewers don't like some of the lighter matte shades but I think they're wonderful from what i've seen and swatched. I LOVE the beige matte shade in the trueblood palette so im very excited to have more mattes in my collection! lighter shades also work well for brow bone and inner corners so i'm totally on board with them. The one shade I really don't like is "popular", it reminds me so much of dawn from the trueblood palette in terms of consistency and it's sheerness. The other shade i'm not crazy about is "siren", a shimmering lilac. It was so sheer! The most outstanding shades in my opinion are: The entire smokey eye section, virtuoso, major, fame, VIP, timeless, trophy, prestige, prima donna and leading lady. The other shadows are great, but those are my favorites!

I forgot to swatch the blushes but I will add those soon! they are great colors, though! I'm wearing Glory.
now, a bunch of pictures.

The Starlet meets the vanity. I love how tarte really got the old hollywood aspect of this, it feels like it matches my apt. which was built in 26. Good job tarte! :)





Swatches: TOP ROW
Traditional Smoky Eye: Celebrity (deep shimmering gray), Superstar (deep shimmering silver), Luminary (silver frost), Opening night (sparkling black)

Earthy: Talent (shimmering peach), Idol (matte taupe), Cameo (matte beige), Virtuoso (sparkling forest green)


Swatches: BOTTOM ROW

Plum Smokey Eye: Stardom (blackened plum), Icon (warm lilac), Major (shimmering plum), Siren (shimmering deep mauve)

Blues: Fame (shimmering cobalt), Big Break (shimmering ice blue), V.I.P. (shimmering blue-silver), Toast (shimmering toasted beige)


Swatches: SECOND DRAWER

Browns: Popular (shimmering golden beige), Timeless (shimmering cocoa), Prestige (matte ochre), Trophy (shimmering golden brown)
Pinks: Ingénue (matte baby pink), Prima Donna (shimmering cinnamon), Leading Lady (shimmering nude pink), Diva (shimmering dusty rose)


Shimmering Blue eye look!
I love the V.I.P shade! It reminds me so much of The True Death in the Trueblood palette! The dark blue is gorgeous as well!


I did not take pictures of the bronzer, Starlet blush, highlighter, or mascara and lash primer! Sorry! I have a review on the mascara already so go check it out!

Here's a size comparison between this palette and the trueblood palette!

This is a great value considering the shadows are very large. They are 1 0z shy of a full sized UD shadow.
All in all this was worth the money for so many versatile shades! I love having neutrals to wear to work, this provides many great shadows for work and a few for play! Love this so much.

Have you tried tarte before, thoughts on the Starlet??? Let me know!

I do not work for any makeup company, I am not getting paid for my review, and I bought this palette with my own money!

3 comments:

  1. I see your a tarte lover like me =) I got this and am in LOVE with it. It is so fun and girly =) I am following you now. Would love it you checked my blog out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the review! I now need to buy this palette. True Blood Eye Shadow palette is huge, and this new one even larger!! I especially want to buy it because of pinkish colors that I am a big fan of. Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miranda! I've already checked out your blog before gurl! I will totally subscribe! I love love love your blog as well! Thanks for subscribing! :)

    Lunka! Thank you for your comment! I love my trueblood palette so much and many of these shadows work so well with the shadows from that palette! I can give you a specific rundown of which colors work well together if you like :)

    ReplyDelete