The vanity is a world in itself!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Tarte SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof liner collection holiday 2011- VIOLET

Sooooo.....
there was a little thing called "save 20% VIB" at Sephora this week so I finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase these liners! I know, I know...I told you I was glad I didn't get them after i tried out the Rimmel liners but these are different!
You get 6 full sized liners for 39 bucks in the colors: Golden Beige, Moss, Espresso, Violet, Smoke, and Silver Black!
These liners are totally waterproof and also oil proof too! I decided to swatch these on my hand and sleep on them when I got them and yeah....they looked exactly the same when i woke up! Talk about awesome! These are thick so you can use them as shadow or liner, I'll discuss in my Moss post how to best use them as a shadow!


Here's how this is going to go down, I'm going to do a review and look of each color separately. Today's color is Violet and I used this as a liner.




The color: Violet confuses me! It looks more blue-based in pictures but it shows up more red-based in real life. I'm really confused about the color, but it's GORGEOUS! It's a true purple that has no brown base to it like a plum color. I'm looking at the difference between the color on camera and in real life and it's really different! It's not that blue...This color has micro glitter in it that is only truly apparent when you smudge it..,somehow that makes the glitter come out to play.







The packaging is great! There seems to be a lot of product in these pencils and it really helps that these come with a smudger! You have a 30 second window of playtime before these lockdown and won't budge, so if you want to blend do so fast! These look splotchy i they dry too much and you try and blend them out.


These glide on so creamy and if you tilt them the right way you can go from a thinner line to a thicker one.



These are so creamy!!! I'm in love with this shade!! According to Maureen these have more than 20 pure optic pigments to enhance your eyecolor, I see that more in the moss shade for my eyes personally. Maureen also says these are okay to use on your waterline, however, I would only use the non-glitter shades: Moss, Espresso, and Smoke for inner rim!

Moss is up next for these babies and look out for my review on my November Birchbox AND the Revlon Lipbutters in shades: Creme Brulee, Strawberry Shortcake, and Berry Smoothie!

Apologies for not posting on the reg!

As always I do not work for any makeup company, am not getting paid to review, and I bought this with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment