The vanity is a world in itself!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

rant: Clairol Shine Happy clear shine treatment

So, in theory Clairol Shine Happy sounds like a dream come true or people who love their hair color but just want a little more shine in their life! well, I was easily fooled by this product that claims to just add shine to your hair, it's completely colorless. After the alotted 10 minutes I rinsed out my hair and started blow drying it when I realized that the hair that was drying was a much lighter brown than MY hair.....to my horror I also realized that it was more red as the drying continued. It's not that shocking, it's probably only 2 shades lighter with red undertones BUT I like my hair dark. My black lowlights from a year ago are now the color o my real hair and well, i'll show you pics and you can see for yourself....

this was my hair.....


this is my hair now....

Can yall see how much more red my hair is????


okay, so this was just a rant because I didn't think that my hair would be noticeably different by using a colorless treatment on my hair. My students picked it out and my friends noticed as well so it's a lot more brown than i'm comfortable with....I just don't want to fry my hair by dying it and putting more chemicals in it. My friends like it and it doesn't look bad but its just hard to get used to.

If you don't like red undertones then I suggest not trying this.

As always I am not getting paid for my reviews, I do not work or any makeup company, and I bought this with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment