The vanity is a world in itself!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

About the Vanity

So I am obsessed with makeup and have been for a few years now due to my friend Natalie lighting the torch of my hidden obsession. I didn't start wearing makeup until either my junior or senior year of high school, i really didn't think i needed it. I didn't ever have acne and I have great self esteem so it wasn't high on my to-do list. I feel like I found out who I was very quickly and embraced my nerdy nature by not giving in to the social pressure of wearing makeup. senior year something in me clicked, a notion of "okay, i know that i'm secure with myself...why not just try makeup for fun??", and then it began... My first year of college I started wearing more, then more, and now i'm completely obsessed and have SO MANY PRODUCTS!Because makeup is so extremely fun for me. And I actually do have a vanity, it's marble and super snazzy! I live in an old high rise apartment complex built in 1926, its totally vintage and very very me. so about this blog....After buying some new lipsticks and looking high and low for some good quality images of people actually wearing the lipstick instead of them swatching on their hand I decided to start this blog to help people out!

4 comments:

  1. It makes sense for you to love makeup so much, it is an art form. And what canvas do you know better, than your own face.
    I've always loved makeup, not because I didn't like how I looked, but because of how interesting various looks can be.
    So basically, I'm pretty excited about this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Im so excited to have at least 1 follower! :) I know some of my friends looked up my revlon post! I was very excited because drugstore products can be so overlooked! I'm going to start off with drugstore products and then work my way up to the expensive stuff :) im pretty excited to share my stuff with the world

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) It's Jess - Hey girl! My God you weren't kidding about your vanity lol! But seriously, thanks for your tips on mascara and I will definitely be keeping up with your blog. Happy experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay Jess! thank you for reading my Blog! Now i've figured out who the ;) is! Im not sure how to respond to individual people but I hope you get this!

    ReplyDelete