The vanity is a world in itself!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

E.L.F cream eyeliner in Midnight

Oh hey guys! so I need to post my latest find! yes, i know i just posted about eyeliners...but I just found the perfect blue!!!!!!!!!! I HATE blue eyeliners! The only reason I own a blue liner is because i'd do Alpha Phi Omega (yay community service frat!) inspired makeup with blue liner and gold shadow. I feel like Darlene from true blood when i wear blue on my eyes. The only way i'll go for blues is if they're grey blues or midnight blues. I was at HEB yesterday and I knocked over the E.L.F (eyes lips face) diplay....oops. I never even look at the E.L.F stuff because its so cheap thta it can't possibly be good! right? wrong. Okay, im sure some of their stuff is horrible, just like some benefit stuff is horrible (im looking at you Dr. Feelgood and BadGal lash). anyways so i spotted this marvelous colored cream eyeliner called Midnight and I just HAD to get it...because it was 3 bucks and I'd never seen that color before! I had my doubts, i thought about putting it back, but then i decided to take the plunge. And I love it! It comes with a tiny brush which is terrible, throw it away and get a good angle brush! but the liner is so awesome! this color is a flat navy blue that does not look like tired waitress color (stereotypical waitress not all waitresses!). The consistency is not as creamy as my physicians formula liners but its not hard either! okay, i must say some people try and compare this to MAC cream liners...in fact every cream liner gets compared to MAC...but people, lets be honest...MAC makes the most buttery and wonderful liners ever. Nothing can compare to them but they are also pretty expensive for a student.
Pros:
nice texture.
great color
great price
great staying power
no touchups

Cons:
goes on a little thin, to combat this use small swipes instead of drawing one continuous line
jar is light and cheap
brush

all in all i really love this and I can see this being used on the reg! I really really want their plum purple color now that i know this is a good liner! This is also a great color for fall because its deep and rich. i also LOVE how flat the color is! Shiny liners are one of my pet peeves especially because any kind of shimmery shadows get stuck to them. I think this is great because its bold but it isn't black so hopefully i can get away with this in the classroom!

pics!
I love to update pics of me actually wearing things if you cant tell!






Thanks for reading!
as always:
I do not work for any makeup company, I dont not get paid to review and am not being paid by E.L.F. and i bought this product with my own money

2 comments:

  1. You are so pretty! Seriously! What are you wearing for eye shadow, blush, & lip color? I want to copy this look, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank ya! im a camera whore im not gonna lie, this whole getting a webcam thing has resulted in me hamming it up! im actually super excited about my next post! its going to be my concealers! none of them are drugstore though sadly! :( but its going to be me with no makeup! :D yay! anyways this look: the shadow is Ulta single shadows in Truffle (my favorite color!) im wearing hmmm ah! rose velvet lipstick, and stila convertable color in peony! the last pic was actually like 6 hours later, which i should have explained and the liner looked just as fresh! but my blush had faded so i put rose velvet on my cheeks and used it as a cream blush! its darker as a blush than peony, i pretty much wear peony every day as my blush! hope this helps! <3

    ReplyDelete