The vanity is a world in itself!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks creme formula




LIPSTICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have the tendency to do really dark eye makeup which is not appropriate to wear when I start teaching on August 15th! Its just not appropriate to have the whole smokey eye thing going on. So I've been on a hunt for listicks so i can tone down my eye makeup and not feel naked. So when I was at my HEB I made my usual weekly trip down the cosmetics aisle (I have to!) and there was a 2 dollar off coupon for Revlon! The chic black tube with a golden band drew my eye and I absolutely adore that you can see the actual lipstick through a window at the top! At the price of just 5 dollars and some cents I was definitely buying a tube. I have never bought one of their lipsticks and I really wanted something fun and pink for the summer so I bought this baby below Love That Pink! I was in love at first swipe. Its creamy but stays in place, pigmented, and has no smell or taste! can you ask for anything more in a lipstick??? I went home and looked up reviews on this right away because I literally am crazy like that :P I found out that this was one of the original shades that the company made in 1952! It reminded me of all things vintage and lovely so it didn't surpise me one bit! This swatches very red on my lips but on the pale people of the world supposedly this is a horrible garish 80s pink. On me it's a dead ringer for Lonely Tourist Charlotte Charle's lipstick that she wears in Pushing Daisies. You kind of feel instantly more glamorous when you put on a classic lipstick shade, and the tube is very high quality and closes with a satisfying click. Did I mention these have silk powder in them?? These have a very low toxicity rate and were recommended since these are the best drugstore lipsticks for safety. These have been chosen as the best cheap lipsticks and have been picked by numerous editors.

This is the vintage color Love That Pink. this is the perfect summer "red"


Rose Velvet. I love this color! its a little darker than my lips but a great neutral!



So now i was completely on the Revlon SL lippie bandwagon! and had to get more of course.
Demure: Peachy nude! has slight shimmer but its so creamy and great!



Pink in the Afternoon (another classic color: This is the color Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffanys!) This is my favorite color that I wear almost every day now





Coralberry: very wearable pinky coral



and Berry Rich (too berry toned for summer but I can't wait to bust this out for fall!)




I love all of these lippies so much! If my lips are dry I put on a light coating of balm and then swipe these on! These are pretty moisturizing themselves but you always want your lips looking great! always exfoliate your lips at night using a toothbrush. The darker shades also make great cream blushes to go underneath a light powder! I love pink in the afternoon on my cheeks! what you do is: moisturize skin. swipe color onto tip of finger, blot finger on the apple cheek going up toward the hairline (like you would with any blush) and then blend the color with a clean finger. this will look dark when you first do it (because you're rubbing your cheek mainly) but after a few seconds it calms down. put either your regular face powder over or a transparent powder! Thanks for reading and I highly recommend checking these lippies out! ALWAYS review colors before buying them on MUA (makeup alley) or personal blogs because you always want the right color for your skintone. you have to make an MUA account but its no harder than making a youtube one and it will save you alot of money.

disclaimer: I do not work for Revlon or any makeup company, I bought these products with my own money, and I am not being paid to review this product :)

4 comments:

  1. It seems like you posted this just in the nick of time for me! I'm planning on getting some lipstick for work this year (I feel like it just completes a professional look.) Generally I don't wear lipstick because the taste gets to me & I'm likely to smudge it. I'll have to give Revlon a shot. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly! thanks for reading! I could go on and on about the quality of the lipsticks, I have MAC lipsticks that I like less than these! These are my absolute favorite! especially since there are 72 color choices, 3 different finishes (matte, creme, and pearl...i've heard iffy things about the pearl). These have a slight sheen to them which I love and they last a good couple of hours depending on how deep the color is and if it stains your lips. I honestly dont mind reapplying and these look really nice when you pull them out of your bag. The revlon website isn't too helpful when it comes to these lipsticks but I really reccomend looking at which ones are the most popular on MUA. http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp/?CategoryID=0&brandname=Revlon&Brand=340&title=super+lustrous+lipstick&submit=Find+Products
    you can sort by skintone and all that jazz and see which are the most popular. for sure get Pink in the Afternoon, it's such a flattering perfect pink and it makes your teeth actually look whiter (not saying your pearlies arent white :P).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I wish blogs were like facebook, because I really just wanted to "like" your reply. Thanks for all the info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog and am now your newest follower! I'd be so happy if you followed back.Thanks for this blog.

    cosmetics online store & eyeshadow duo

    ReplyDelete