The vanity is a world in itself!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tarte amazonian Clay waterproof concealer VS MAC select moisturecover


bonjour friends!
So i totally am not done raving about drugstore products I love but alot of people have been asking what concealer I use and for my eyes i NEED heavy duty concealer. Alot of the drugstore brands are too heavy under my eyes and get into my fine lines (very few, but still there). The Two I switch back and fourth are my tarte concealer and my MAC concealer.
The MAC concealer is $16 and comes in a tube very similar to a lipgloss, it even has a spongey doe-foot applicator. The Tarte concealer is only available through QVC and is $22 plus the cost of shipping. here's the skinny on both products:
MAC select moisturecover! :

The good:
price is okay for a good concealer, alot cheaper than benefit, bobbie brown, and tarte.
great coverage
the formula is light, easy to blend, and you dont need all that much.
color range is fabulous!
my friend natalie gave this to me! Its the NW20 (neutral warm 20) which is a little lighter than my skintone but it works well to brighten the undereye area if its lighter. Im NC (neutral cool) but the warm tone of this actually helps cover all the ugly purple under my eyes.

The Bad:
cant figure out how much product comes in the container since it rolls around and coats all the sides....
this gets into this one line under my eye which is kind of annoying but i can deal
Pics: PS. dont mind the whole count dracula look...



Just a side note: I have very under defined muscles under my eyes so they will always look slightly sunken in because those a physiological shadows being cast, not the purple veins. its genetic.

okay! so now that you've seen me without makeup (its all good, im not shy) its time for tarte

Tarte Amazonian Clay waterproof concealer!

the good:
OMG this stuff is awesome
this took 10 years to develop
is made from amazonian clay harvested once a year that gets nutrients baked into it from its journey down the river.
this contains caffeine extracts to wake up the eye area
this also contains vitamin A!
this is also waterproof!
really cute purple packaging that is similar to a lipstick
you can see how much product you've used
you never put too much on if you swipe once you're covered
nice formula
doesn't get in my fine lines AT ALL
natural formula

The bad:
Price...pretty expensive
You have to order through QVC
small :( I only use this for special occasions
not a great range of colors like MAC ( I have this in Light)

pics:



I just realized I ahve a very bad issue where i have to raise my right eyebrow...sorry about that...its an impulse i never knew i had
anyways those are my concealers. I also have a bobby brown one thats okay but too thick, and benefit erase paste which i used religiously for a while until i realized it doesn't do much for me. I use the MAC concealer on the reg since it's a much cheaper alternative but I would love to find a good drugstore concealer to replace it.
Thanks for reading!<3

I do not work for any makeup company, am not getting paid by MAC or Tarte for my review, and I bought everything with my own money (or in the case of MAC it was a gift! thanks Nat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment