The vanity is a world in itself!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Covergirl Lash Blast Volume!




YAY! a new blog post! I didn't think I would be able to get to this tonight but I did all of my scary graduate school work and this was my reward for finishing early :D hey friends! okay, so if you can't tell I'm reviewing my drugstore makeup right now because there was demand for well everything really. This is hands down my favorite mascara ever, and i do mean ever. Great lash by maybelline clumped on me and stuck to eachother even after they were dry...i hate that...um benefits bad gal lash was a JOKE! i dant tell you how horrible that was to try and make my lashes even visible...i liked some other cover girl ones..there was a maroon tube, and pink tube but i can't recall the names. Clinique was okay, but for the price so not worth it. All of these trial and errors led to this! Lash blash volume (the orange tube) is what I love! the brush is big and plastic and works so nicely! I can't describe how much I love it! I have weird lashes, some are straight, some areas are thicker, some lashes are way shorter than others. yep, they basically suck. My friend the other day asked me for advice on how to apply mascara, so for those of you who are new to mascara heres the lowdown. Curl your lashes!!!! then swirl your mascara wand around the tube (don't ever pump your mascara because more air gets inside and dries the product) and wiggle at the base of your lashes to make them look more full, swipe upwards. I usually do two coats, I just like a bold lash look. I also have a trick! alot of people buy these scary lash combs but if you just save a mascara wand from a previous tube, immerse in makeup remover to remove the product from the brush, wipe, dry, and use to declump your mascara! isn't that awesome! anyways here are some pictures! sorry if some are blurry/goofy.







thanks for reading! as always I do not work for any makeup company, covergirl is not paying me for reviewing/saying great things about their product, and i bought everything with my own money

6 comments:

  1. Yay for mascara tips! ;) Just curious though, have you ever tried any of the Avon eye products? Like liners, mascara, and such? I LOVE their Glimmerstick eyeliners and was thinking of getting the mascara when I order more. If you've tried it, how does it compare to the Lash Blast one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE CoverGirl mascara. It is all I have worn for years. Like you I have tried several different types. My favorite is Exact EyeLights [the kind they make specific to your eye color] in black gold. It has little flecks of gold in it [the other colors have other color flecks, if you can imagine!]
    Also, while 2 coats of mascara is the rule. Put on as litte/as much mascara as you like. I'm pretty sure that I range around 5 coats! lol
    Finally, it is a great idea to reuse wands as declumpers. This works best with the plastic wands though, as they are easiest to remove makeup from & to insure they are clean from bacteria.
    As always, love your blog & can't wait for more!
    [I'm going out to buy Pink in the Afternoon today!]

    ReplyDelete
  3. i NEED to try the exact eyelights now! oh, sometimes I do 3 coats. I basically do two coats, comb with my plastic brush, and then go over any spots that dont seem oomph enough! Let me know what you think of Pink In the Afternoon! its my favorite of all of them because you can wear it with literally any makeup style and its super creamy. I actually have it on in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ;) :
    I haven't tried any Avon products! I wish I could tell you how it compares but I can't. Look up the reviews on Makeup Alley and I'm sure you'll get a better idea! Now I want that Eyeliner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will you go ahead and do my make-up?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ABSOLUTELY! :D birthday party makeup????

    ReplyDelete