The vanity is a world in itself!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Physicians formula powders

Oh hey guys, or gals! or both! I seriously love that I can address guys in a beauty blog :) I've decided to try and blog about my drugstore finds first, mainly because...well...most of us are poor?? yeah, we're poor. anyways so I want to talk to you about the two face products i've been using this summer! One is Physicians Formula Organic Wear Natural Origin Loose Powder in translucent medium. I do believe this is a mineral foundation. I have to say I wasn't in love with this until I started applying with a kabuki brush! the brush that comes in the lid is absolutely terrible, scratchy, and does not apply the product well. this seems to soak up oil pretty well, and looks dewey as opposed to disgusting when the day goes on. I got this at HEB in the sale bin and i'm really glad that I did! I really want this one foundation that they sell at walgreen that has been around since the 1930s but they sell out so fast! and I told myself I have to finish this first. I still love this however! its not as great as Benefit's Hello Flawless or Urban Decay's Surreal Skin cream to powder foundation...but those are both over 30 dollars and I use them up so fast! I have an oily t-zone (for those of you who are just starting out makeup the tzone is your nose/forhead area) and dry cheeks! so I ALWAYS put Urban Decay De-slick in a Tube on my tzone and i mousturize my cheeks with cetaphil lotion. This used to be a good color match for me but it's summer and any time spent outside means that I get a little more golden. I never look "dark" or necessarily "tan" but i'm not pale during the summer.

here's a pic of the container!

Im also wearing my new Revlon SL lipstick in "blushing nude" totally not a nude but a great color!

SO to combat this I use my favorite bronzer! Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Bronzer in light!!!! I love this because it doesn't look like im wearing bronzer at all, its also doesn't have sparkle like so many bronzers do and is also goes on so nice. This is waterproof yall, and SPF 50!!! this is pretty much a summer essential and a good winter pick me up as well. I love the Heathy Wear pressed powder foundation thats also SPF 50 and waterproof but my boyfriend KNOWS when I have it on because he instantly tells me I smell like gravel....not attractive...even after months of not using it I put it on one day and he's like "are you wearing that gravel makeup???" yeah...luckily the bronzer doesn't smell like gravel! I also put this on with a kabuki brush. I just put it all over my face because its such a great color I dont have to worry about overbronzing.
here's the bronzer!

have you tried physicians formula??? love it? hate it? let me know!

disclaimer! I do not work for any makeup company, am not being paid by Physicians Formula, and I bought these products with my own money :)

6 comments:

  1. obviously im wearing both powders in the pictures...just to clarify

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love! I'm making a makeup run to the store today because I'm low on powder & bronzer... I guess I know which products I'll be checking out!
    That's really funny that Matt thinks your makeup smells like gravel! Eww! James loves the smell of my mascara, which is weird but a good thing since it's my favorite piece of makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. luckily neither of these products smells like gravel! I would have known right away with mr. bloodhound! mascara does smell really good in a weird way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey quick question, what is the foundation that you wan that's from the 30's? For a second I thought you were talking about AirSpun, but that's more of a powder. [By the by, have you tried AirSpun? If so, what do you/Matt think of that scent?]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cote Airspun is what im talking about!!! I LOOOVEEE IT! Matt has never said anything about the scent...i dont think he's opposed to baby powder...just gravel. And you really dont smell the scent anymore after the first 30ish minutes of wearing it. It is more of a powder but in the winter when im not sweating off all of my makeup I can get away with wearing a powder as a foundation. Its also great to put ontop of cream blushes and concealer because its so nicely milled! I just like how cheap it is and the finish it gives is lovely.

    ReplyDelete