The vanity is a world in itself!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Drugstore Eyeliner: Physicians Formula, NYX, Palladio, and Maybelline

Hello all!
I love having a webcam and daylight to get accurate pictures of my makeup! its so great! Anyways today's post is going to be about my makeup staple: eyeliner. I LOVE EYELINER! this was the first makeup product i used and it is the one that i like the most! I've tried alot of eyeliners, clinique was the first...it traveled down my eyes and made me look like a racoon. So the hunt all of my makeup wearing life was finding the perfect eyeliner. My favorite one right now is not a drugstore eyeliner (Urban Decay liquid liner) but its so expensive that I will not repurchase. Also I probably wont be wearing black eyeliner when I start teaching because its a little bit "severe". Anyways drugstore eyeliners are great if you know what to look for! these are my favorites!

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Cremeliner:
This stuff is AWESOME! I love love love these liners! You choose the liners based on your eye color, this is the brown eyes set! Anyways these are cream liners that go on literally like butter and stay all day. I've never had an issue with these liners whatsoever. I got these a year ago and have used them alot in that year. I still have half of the product left in each one and they are still as creamy as day 1. I really do love these, especially because the trio is around 10 dollars and theres always physicians formula coupons. Out of any cream eyeliners I recommend these. they're pretty much the best. The colors in the brown eyes trio are Black, Plum, and Brown. the plum is in every set but the color is different for each type of eye color. Its darker for the brown eyes, lighter and more pink for green etc. The black has PURPLE MICRO GLITTER! you can't really tell but it just gives the color more depth. The brown is my alltime favorite brown because its so rich! They come in stackable containers, its like legos but with makeup! whats more fun than that! you can also separate them which makes them great for travel.
here are some pics!:




and the swatches themselves. See! aren't they lovely!?



these are impossible to get off without soap so thats a plus! great for swimming. heres when I rubbed my hand with a paper towel for a minute and not gently at all.


NYX Extreme Liquid Liners:
I always get these for free at Ulta! When you spend 50 dollars these are the level 1 goodies! I really like these because they have a thin brush tip and their formula isn't runny. The cons are that these are very irritating to sensitive eyes when you first put them on and second they're in the shiny family which i dont like so much. These also stay kind of sticky unless you put a translucent powder over them. the good thing is that they dont flake off and the formula is very elastic-y. these last long so long and are a great price even if you dont get them for free. I have these in Black and Extreme Plum Purple.
pics:




Palladio Eye Inks in Eggplant. I LOVE this eyeliner but the color i can only wear if im doing extreme neutrals because its so light and lovely. i'll probably wear this alot teaching. This is hands down the easiest liquid liner to apply. It has a felt tip but its like a pen because you literally uncap it and draw it on! The bottle is small but it also makes the application easier. I will definitely buy this in black when I run out of my urban decay liner. This was 6 dollars, the urban decay liners are 19 and the finish is just as good in my opinion. The finish is not shiny, its lasts a long time, its not too runny and not too thick, and i can apply this super fast and never mess up. This liner is so great if you love liquid and hate hassle.



its a super lovely and innocent color!

okay, the last eyeliner is Maybelline Line Stylist: in Onyx
This is my favorite pencil liner so far because you can get thick or thin lines and the color is very black! this also doesn't tug as much as other pencil liners do. The only thing I dont like it that for some reason if im wearing shimmery shadow the shimmers get stuck to this! it makes me sad but this is great with matte shadows! You can also layer this product to create that thick line and it doesnt get gross which is so nice!



anyways these are my favorite of my drugstore liners! Hope you enjoyed and hope you try these out! there are many more out there that I have yet to try ( i really want revlon colorstay liners) but this is what i've got so far!

as always I do not work for any makeup company, none of the companies listed above are paying me to review their products, and I bought these with my own money


thank you for reading! :D

3 comments:

  1. If this were Facebook I would like this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "like" if this were facebook i would like your post back. We should petition for blogger likes...but then there would be no comments most likely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! I can't wait to try... all of these! :)

    ReplyDelete