The vanity is a world in itself!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Brushes: sephora and Ulta and HEB

hey peeps!
So todays blog post is going to be about brushes!! I don't have any fancy MAC brushes or anything like that but I have had brushes that I don't like before (I'm looking at you Clinique!) so these are my favorite brushes.

me and my beloved shadow brushes:



Sephora brushes (from brush travel kit):

Angled Liner brush:
I love this brush!!! It works really well for applying cream liners and also for applying shadows wet or over another liner. This one is awesomely skinny and precise.




Eyshadow brush:
This brush is good because the bristles are long enough to apply the shadows nicely, some brushes with shorter bristles just don't seem to apply the product well.




Ulta ( I think all of them are from the professional collection):

Tapered Crease Eyeshadow Brush:
This is the best crease brush i've ever used!!!! its very tapered and you have ALOT less fallout than a fluffier crease brush. The one in the sephora travel kit I really don't like...




Smudge Brush:
EEEEEPPPP! This brush is awesome for blending and softening lines. Its so great! love it



Small shadow brush:
I like to use this for my highlights, it works really well for that.



Kabuki:
I love to use this for my bronzer because its not as dense as a foundation brush. This gives a nice wash of bronzer that is never too heavy. I wouldn't suggest this for foundation.





Tarte:

Tarte stiffling brush:
I got this with a purchase as a free gift! I love this for applying my powder foundation! (I don't wear liquid) this is a great bush and i'm so happy to own it! everything looks very natural and never over powdered.




HEB:

HEB blush brush:
This brush sheds alot but I like the shape of it. I might try and find a replacement sometime soon but it gets the job done and applies blush nicely.


(apparently it's one of those quirky days....)

thanks for reading! Hope this helps!

I do not work for any makeup company, noen of these companies are paying me to review their products, and I bought all of these with my own money.






4 comments:

  1. I love this post! I had no idea there were so many different brushes to use, and I'd never seen a crease brush before! Now time for some shopping... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely! There are so many brushes out there. People rave about the MAC brushes and always refer to them by their number, but I don't own any. The Ulta professional brushes are a little expensive but when theres a coupon or a BOGO sale at ulta thats the best time to get brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! I will keep an eye out for sales! Or maybe ask for the Mac brushes for Christmas!

    (ps, I really dont know why my account name keeps changing!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep forgetting about christmas!!!!!!!!!!! I will probably ask for something makeup related, who knows what shiny new thing will be out then! :D you should totally ask for the MAC brushes!

    ReplyDelete