The vanity is a world in itself!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tarte for Trueblood "Look a day" august 2nd

So i feel kind of bad for posting mainly neutral eye looks on here! There are so many gorgeous dark colors in this palette but I just don't feel justified in doing heavy makeup when i've literally been sitting in the library doing work since 9am. that being said heres todays look! this is a really great gold and bronze look that is great for both summer and autumn! I'm using the shades Fairy, Bayou, and Charmer.
So cool thing I found out yesterday, these are bigger than both urban decay single eyeshadows and MAC eyeshadows. this is so awesome because I use UD shadows alot and i've never used one up. I've never used up an entire shadow period. I'm getting pretty close with Ulta twilight but thats another story. back to the breakdown:

Fairy is in my highlight color and it is a really great baby pink shimmer color. I prefer this in my crease as opposed to The Light because the color is nice and bright for the inner eye! I always used an Ulta shadow for my highlight shade and it was lovely but it was too bold and also turned the tear duct area really gross and flaky. This color is seriously the favorite shadow i've even used to brighten my inner eye. I seriously looks so good all day!

Bayou is a beautiful gold color, I've actually accumulated many golds and this one is perfect because it has less fallout than the rest of them! :D This almost reminds me of NYX mink but more yellow gold. This is also a shimmer color! the shimmers look so nice and fresh, i like them just as much as the mattes (im more partial to shimmery shadows). These shimmer shades are a little bit softer than the mattes but they dont take alot of layering to get good coverage! I swiped the Bayou on my finger to put it on this morning and I just needed one swipe per eye.

Charmer is a lovely shade the confuses the hell out of me. Its slightly orange, slightly, pink, and kind of red....i have no idea what to think of it but i love it. I would have preferred the green with Bayou but I decided to go with it anyways and just try it! The result was pretty good!Since this pulls reddish pink I would really like to experiment with Telepath on the lid and Charmer in the crease and also with Charmer on the Lid and V in the crease. I think those looks would be fabulous.

anyways here is the look of the day!


Thank you for reading! I hope i'm not boring you with these look of the day posts but this palette is so great and I want to give those interested in buying a good look at some of the products. Can't wait to figure out what look to do for tomorrow!

I do not work for any makeup company, tarte or hbo are not paying me to review this product, and I bought the product with my own money.

2 comments:

  1. I love these "look of the days", especially this one and August 3rd. So pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. STELLLLLLLAAA! thanks! august 3rd seems to be the fav so far! I really liked that look too! Im going to do a shark week inspired look with silver tomorrow! super excited!

    ReplyDelete