The vanity is a world in itself!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tarte for Trueblood "look a day" August 7th!

:D
SO I decided that these "look a day" posts would only last for a week and here is the last look! I decided that yall needed to see something with the green in it. This was a dilemma for me because my mom once told me that she hates green shadow because it looks so "stereotypical mexican." I actually agree with this statement as it makes me look very unlike myself.
Anyways I decided to use the green along the lashline instead of as a crease or lid shade. For this look I used Fairy as the lid shade, Werewolf as the crease shade, and Moss on the lashline.

Fairy as a lid shade: I prepped my lids with UD primer potion and then applied NYX milk to my lid and blended with my finger. Fairy is a very sheer color which makes it great for a highlight but not so great as a lid shade. I'm stubborn and I really wanted Fairy to show up and some of the pink to come out so the NXY milk helped alot with this! this is a great lid color and goes awesomely with the brown!

Werewolf: see previous posts.

Moss: I lined my eyes with Maybelline Line Sytlist in Onxy and with a liner brush smudged Moss ontop completely covering the black. I love this liner because it really locks the shadow into place and it does not come off. This looks gorgeous with the black base of the liner!!!! I smudged it a little above the liner as well for a softer look. I'm very very please with the way this came out!

pics:




I wish the camera captured the colors better but it does what it can :)

Conclusion to the trueblood looks!: (I bolded my favorite shadows in the palette)
I used the colors: The light, Fairy, Dusk, Werewolf, Waitress, Charmer, Glamour me, Stake, Bayou, Telepath, The True death, Moss, Legend, and V in these looks. I did not use Dawn, Nocturnal, or Immortal. The last two I didn't use because they are so bold and I really didn't have any place to be that called for anything quite that bold.
Thank you for reading and thank you for also bearing with me while I gush about this palette. I get very excited for good products and I had to do a more thorough review of this because of how huge it is!

as always I do not work for any makeup company, These brands are not paying me to review their products, and I bought everything with my own money.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment