The vanity is a world in itself!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Tarte for Trueblood look of the day August 1st! Sookie inspired!

hey!!!
so its 102 degrees in my neck of the woods, I feel bad for the people who have to walk a longer ways to get to wherever they need to go than i do! I just don't feel justified driving such a short distance to the campus parking lot! that being said its really hot and im so glad these shadows have excellent wear! I'm going to go through each color individually whenever I do a look of the day review just because no two shadows act or wear the same even if they're in the same palette. okay so today's look of the day was a modified version of the Not Your Average Waitress look from the suggested looks. Its a nice smokey brown eye! In the booklet you put Dusk on the lids, apply Waitress to the crease and blend upward, and then you blend Werewolf into the outer crease and lashline. You then line your eyes with the black liner. I modified this a bit by adding Dusk to my lids, adding just a hint of Waitress to my inner crease, and adding Werewolf to my outer crease and blending it up into the crease. I of course blended everything together with my blender brush. I decided that I wanted to try out my free EmphasEYES plum liner (not the aqua-gel just a regular liner) that I got free with the purchase so I lined my eyes with that instead of the black. here's the look!:




I decided to go light on the mascara today since you can actually see my lashes with the purple and they didn't need to be long. I really love this look!!!!! This looks great with the plum liner but I also really want to try this with black liner and a berry lip when fall/winter rolls around!
heres the breakdown of the shades:
Dusk: (i accidentally spelled it Duck on my other post....sorry) This is a beautiful matte warm taupe! this would be a medium brown on pale people but on me its just slightly darker than my lids. This actually almost pulls pink when combined with the plum liner. This is really easy to apply and i don't get any fallout. Its super duper silky to the touch. These shadows don't crease at all just FYI.
Werewolf: This is probably going to be one of my favorite shades. I really love chocolate browns and this one is matte,super pigmented and doesn't pull too warm or too cool toned! yay! this is also really silky to the touch and easy to apply! you barely have to dip your crease brush in to get some good color!
Waitress: I keep coming back to this color even though there's so much fallout....but it is a really nice color! this has a much different feel to it than the matte shadows do, its still silky but its not as creamy (you really just have to rust me...i can't describe it!). The glitters are slightly rough when applying but i have tough lids. I find that if i apply this with my finger there's alot less fallout.

I really like this look even though im used to wearing shimmery shadows and darker shadows, but I can for sure get used to wearing some mattes every once in a while when they feel so nice to apply!
Thanks for reading! I will try and take a picture of my look tomorrow before I go to class!

I don't work for any makeup company, neither tarte or HBO are paying me to review their product, and I bought this palette with my own money

No comments:

Post a Comment