The vanity is a world in itself!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tarte for Trueblood Look a day August 4th!

Only three more looks for my look a day posts after this one! I'd better get busy and figure out what to do for the rest of the days!
todays look is a matte smokey eye in celebration of A) eating dinner with my honey tonight, and B) the last day of summer school. In these 3 weeks and 3 days (not counting today because it was a wrap up) I've written an entire unit, did a 10 page bizarre annotated bibliography,and a curriculum report comparing the US, Texas, California, and yes Canada. I'm so relieved to be out! :D yall probably want to hear about these shadows however so i shall proceed:
the shadows used: Stake as a lid color, Legend in the crease, and Fairy as a highlight

heres the lowdown:
Stake: refer to august 3rd
Fairy: refer to August 2nd
Legend: okay, so this is a matte black that is build-able. i own NYX black which is the blackest black of all blacks but this is really good for looks that you don't want quite as intense. I don't always want the blackest black as a crease shade even though I look fine with that intensity. That being said I love this because theres pretty much no fallout and it blends really easily.
This look reminds me of Lorena a little bit because it has a vintage 20s feel with the grey shadows, if i wanted to go full on Clara bow I would have to sweep some of the shadow under my eyes...hich is not what I do because my eyes are not an even size and this really emphsizes that. So this is as close to a Lorena eye as you're going to get from me. Anyways enjoy the look!



This is such a lovely look that I will probably wear very often! I love Stake so much and I also love that I now own a non-chalky black that is build-able! how you enjoyed this look! watch out because tomorrow I'm going to use The True Death!

thanks for reading

I do not work for any makeup company, HBO or tarte are not paying me to review their products, and I bought this with my own money

No comments:

Post a Comment