The vanity is a world in itself!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tarte for Trueblood "look a day" august 3rd

hey peeps!
So now that my Unit i'm writing feels more complete and awesome i'm not so stressed out! :D which is always a good thing! anyways today's look of the day is something darker and more colorful! This look is a smokey purple and grey composed of: Stake (lid color) , V (crease color), and Fairy (highlight).
here's the deets:

Stake: this is most favorite color from the whole palette! Do you know how hard it is to find a true grey??? its really really hard! most greys pull too blue or too brown, this one is just right! Its literally perfect. and this looks SOOOO stunning because its matte and works really well as a crease shade. I'm actually surprised at how build-able this color is. Depending on the brush this can be a soft wash of grey or a nice medium grey which is really hard to achieve with one shadow. With my Ulta crease brush (the best crease brush! the color packs on really rich and theres alot less fallout) this is dark, with my fluffy powder brush this is a nice soft wash. anyways this color is absolutely great.

V: this is a shimmer shade, it says its a shimmering crimson but its really more of a red based purple. Oh well, the color is fabulous however! Its so unique, i own alot of purples but this one is not close to one that I own! neither is Glamour me for that matter, actually.I neglected to put on my NYX milk (i usually apply this for any colored shadow) and it still was not muddy which is awesome! The green gets muddy without a white base but this particular color is fine without it. The consistency of this is awesome just like the rest of the shimmer shades (excluding dawn...that one is chalky)! this is a great color that would go well with many other colors in the palette!

ive already mentioned how much i like Fairy as my highlight, if you want to know more about it check out my last post <3 here are some pics!



I seriously love this look! the last picture was just taken, 8 hours after application. still going strong! :D

thanks for reading!

as always I do not work for any makeup company, am not getting paid by HBO or tarte, and bought this with my own money

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the look for August 3rd. You are so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, that last comment was Kelsey Wise. Haha, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey!!! thank you for your comment and looking at my blog! :D I love these colors! I actually tried out a really neutral eye last night and was going to post it but the camera doesn't do it justice! We actually got lectured today on how we need to wear makeup to teach so that we don't "look like the kids or look like we just rolled out of bed". It was super funny and a relief!

    ReplyDelete